This FAQ relates to the following products:
ST70+ Instrument Keypad
ST70+ Pilot Keypad - Sail
ST70+ Pilot Keypad - Power
SeaTalkNG to SeaTalk one Converter
Using one of the following MFD's to update the software:
A Series - A50, A50D, A57, A57D, A70, A70D
E Series Classic - E80, E120
C Series Wide - C90w, C120w, C140w
E Series Wide - E90w, E120w, E140w
The following procedure addresses how one would populate a CF memory card with software update files for the ST70, ST70+, ST70+ Instrument Keypad, ST70+ Pilot Keypad - Sail, ST70+ Pilot Keypad - Power, i70, p70, p70R, SPX-5 SPX-10, SPX-30, SPX-40, SPX-CAN, SPX-DIO, SPX-SOL, ITC-5 or the SeaTalkNG to SeaTalk one Converter using one of the following MFD's A Series, E Series Classic, C Series Wide and E Series Wide Multifunction Displays (MFDs) and then use this CF memory card to update the Remote Device sofware.
Please note that product software updates may revert some of the Device configuration settings back to the default settings. As such, it is recommended that customers make note of the configuration settings so that they may be used to reconfigure the Device settings after the Device software has been updated. With regards to the SPX Autopilots the device must be recalibrated after any update has been performed.
Populating a CF Memory Card with the MFD Software
- Insert a compatible CompactFlash (CF) memory card into the computer's CF memory card reader or into a CF memory card reader which has been interfaced to the computer.
- Select the appropriate software download for your product from HERE
- Upon completion of the download, click on the downloaded file to open it
- Copy all files to the Root of the Compact Flash card (Root is the first level you access when selecting the Compact Flash). Make sure the files are not in any folders on the card
For example, if your computer has assigned Removable Disk (E:) to your CF memory card reader/writer, then the software update files (i.e. the DOB and PKG files alone) should be copied directly to Removable Disk (E:), not to any folders created on the CF memory card.
- Remove the CF memory card from the computer's CF memory card reader.
Update the Remote Device Software
- Power OFF the MFD.
- Insert the CF memory card containing the software update files into the MFD’s memory card reader.
- Power ON the MFD.
- After the MFD has booted to its Raymarine Software Upgrade Utility screen, select the software upgrade package from the Upgrade Packages Available list.
If a Bootloader Update is part of the download, this must be done first before the Software Update.
Please note it may hang at 50% and not Complete to 100% and may show Failed.
- Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT function key.
- Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT ON ST2 (It may also say STNG depending on the current version of software you are using)
- Use the Trackpad to highlight the unit you wish to update and press the UPGRADE UNIT softkey
- When the progress indicator's Overall bar reaches 100%, the Device software will have been upgraded.
- Repeat from Step 6 for any other Remote Device you wish to upgrade
- Remove the CF memory card from the MFD's memory card reader.
- Press MFD's red power button to power OFF the MFD
Checking the Software has been Updated
Menu > Disgnostics > About display
Menu > Set-Up > Diagnostics > About Display